5 Bits of Happiness for June 2013
And because I want everyone to exude a positive aura on a regular basis, this raffle requires participants to talk about their “5 Bits of Happiness” for the month. Let me start with mine:
TWG Silvermoon Tea. This was introduced to me by my then associate producer and I’ve been hooked since. This batch was a Christmas gift from my room mate. Lovely aroma and the taste is like a piece of heaven. It’s apparently made from red woodland berries and vanilla bouquet. So far, I have not tasted anything that compares to this.
T.G.I. Friday’s Potato Skins. When my mom suddenly disappeared while I was falling in line at the cashier’s in S&R supermarket, I did not expect that she’d be grabbing this bag of chips. (She’s a health buff, so I didn’t think she’d be attracted to junk food.) No, I don’t believe this is a healthy snack but the taste of bacon and cheddar kind of makes you forget.
KitKat Green Tea, one of my favorite variants of KitKat. I got this from a student who had just come from Japan. Good thing she was one of those who obsess about school work so I did not consider it a bribe. LOL.
SM Hypermarket’s Roast Beef. Gosh, can you believe that this roast beef and rice combo only costs P60? I love how savory it is even without the gravy. I’m not sure if they have this (and roast chicken) in other SM Hypermarket branches, but it can definitely be enjoyed at the branch that sits along Osmeña Highway (near Buendia intersection).
Holy Cow’s mozzarella cheese sticks. When I picked these as appetizers, I thought they were going to be like finger food. Ya know, like pica-pica. When it arrived, I actually heard Pikachu scream “PIKA PIKA!!!!” in a booming voice in my head. Reasonable at P195, it doesn’t seem like an appetizer to me. More like one of the main courses. And you know that feeling when you bite into a cheese stick and notice that most of it is wrapper instead of cheese? There was none of that feeling here. It really is loaded with mozzarella.
All righty! I’m done enumerating my favorite things for the month of June 2013.
Now it’s your turn!
All you need to do is follow the Rafflecopter instructions below:
I will draw the raffle on June 16, 2013. 🙂 Good luck!
forsakinghalflovesJune 2, 2013 at 4:13 am
1. I took a 1-week leave from work (last week of May), and I spent it catching up on sleep, reading, and other things I used to do when I used to have a lot of free time.
2. This happened while I was on leave. I got to attend yoga workshops and classes with Sadie Nardini, a yoga teacher I've been following on Facebook and Twitter for a while now.
3. After several weeks, I was finally able to attend a yoga class on Thursday night.
4. Arriving at a yoga pose I've always struggled with (like Crow pose) and holding it for more than one or two breaths.
5. Finally confronting some fears and uncertainties about my life and what I want to do with it, and receiving some support from friends.
skysenshiJune 2, 2013 at 4:39 am
Hi Maite! Don't forget to click on the Rafflecopter tasks above so that it could compute your points. 😀 Thanks for joining, weee!!
Karina Ysabel NarioJune 2, 2013 at 8:17 am
1. Having the biggest slices of salmon and tuna sashimi that I have ever seen at Nihonbashitei along Pasay Road
2. Went through a retreat this weekend and came out feeling really refreshed (literally too, because the last part involved being submerged in water for a few seconds)
3. Eating my favorite Army Navy burger that always makes me feel like a man after 😀
4. Finding plain (no kiddie bows etc.) scrunchies in Shoppesville after months of looking around department stores! I prefer them because they hold up buns better than elastics.
5. My almost-full piggybank – have to shake it up a bit so I could put in more coins 🙂
KevinHJune 2, 2013 at 8:55 am
1. I recently found some free time and I've been spending my free time painting and drawing again. It's been a while since I had the time to do so.
2. Me and my bandmates currently had been offered a gig so we started practicing in the studio again. It's been years since I've seen my friends and got the chance to jam with them too.
3. My family has been recently been ordering out a lot of Pizza Hut pizza lately just to avoid washing plates and I've been enjoying every bit of it.
4. Me and my mother got tired of our Starbucks coffee blend so we decided to try out ground from CBTL and it has been wonderful. I love the aroma and it's rich flavor. It's so much better than the Starbucks ground that we used to buy.
5. I recently bought some comic books that I've been looking for quite some time now and I'm anxious to finish reading them all.
Kate NavaseroJune 2, 2013 at 10:07 am
Im super curious with the roast beef from sm, thanks for sharing. Will try it soon and cross my fingers that its available in sm makati
Kate NavaseroJune 2, 2013 at 10:16 am
5 bits of happiness
1. When i go home from work with all the stress, my cat manages to cheer me up with his cuteness
2. Spending quality time with my sister. Finally. I have not seen her for 3 months because she was busy with Bb. Pilipinas
3. Playing the new ragnarok valkyrie uprising on my tablet every night to unwind. Because of more stress at work.
4. Today i got to spend some QT with my date and watched fast and furious 6, which i enjoyed a lot (surprisingly).
5. Last, i got to eat halo halo at razons. It has been a 1 week craving of mine and i was so happy taking every bite of halo halo goodness.
Niccolo ManahanJune 2, 2013 at 10:18 am
1. Playing music and singing for God. It gives me such a rush. Definitely more fulfilling than playing for my ego. I love music, I love God. Couldn't ask for a better situation than this.
2. Getting as much sleep as I can…while my workload permits it. Sleep is a beautiful thing. I can already see myself getting deprived of this beautiful gift of fate when the deadlines start showing up.
3. Fried siomai from “Chansel Pizza Haus” along Taft Avenue (Above Starbucks and Burger King). The best siomai that a pizza place can offer. Delicious, satisfying, and cheap. Student budget-friendly.
4. Playing League of Legends at Mineski Infinity. I've been stuck at home in Cavite, without access to a decent place, or connection where I could play. So as soon as classes started, I headed for Mineski Infinity at once and played my heart out.
5. Searching for my lost heart, and my true self. When I started reading “Wild at Heart” by John Eldredge, I started to realize the lie I've been living. I learned that a Christian man must be fierce and strong, unlike the docile and tame image that society has shown.
Marc Aldrin ColladoJune 2, 2013 at 2:06 pm
1. Started my own blog site: http://robinxano.blogspot.com/
2. Comic books/graphic novels; notably “Prophet: Remission” Started reading 'em!
3. A personalized (hand painted cover) sketching notebook commission done by https://www.facebook.com/papercanvas this June!
4. Game of Thrones marathon.
5. Microwaved Cheesy Bacon Pandesal at Ministop; Cheap and quick breakfast for P20! That combined with free brewed coffee in the office.
skysenshiJune 2, 2013 at 2:42 pm
Ahh! I dropped by SM Makati during the weekend but I headed for the macarons so I didn't notice. Haha!
Jonna B.June 2, 2013 at 2:43 pm
1. Being greeted by 3 adorable cats at the end of a stressful day.
2. The Certified Digital Marketer Program I am currently taking is giving me lots of useful insights and skills.
3. Watching Forks Over Knives reminded me to stop eating trash and start living well again.
4. Walking in my VFFs (Vibram FiveFingers) and feeling the ground beneath it is surprisingly a wonderful feeling.
5. Guimaras mangoes, Mango Pizza from Pitstop and the hospitality of the Ilonggos made my trip memorable and definitely worth going back to.
Mikaela KaimoJune 2, 2013 at 5:37 pm
1. Went to the beach for the first time this year. The sand feels wonderful under my toes.
2. Went to Bacolod and saw the breathtaking ruins in Talisay.
3. Currently content spending my days as a bum, waking up at noon and subsisting on processed food.
4. Went to Baguio and escaped the sweltering heat even if only for three days.
5. All this free time gives me energy to play with my pets 🙂
PrettypieJune 5, 2013 at 7:58 am
Thank you so much for this Beatrice, it made me realized my blessings through my fave things. I blogged it too as a constant reminder to appreciate simple joys too 🙂
1. My recent Facial Care Center facial experience. I am still savouring the results of my recent facial at Facial Care Center last week because I had two services done for my face which made it smoother and finer :). I had my normal facial and what they call STR which lifted my face. I still feel rejuvenated up to this time and given the chance of course I will still come back for another session.
2. Splash of Colors blouse. I super love my recent sheer blouse purchase. To say it is colorful, is an understatement. I have worn it for like 3 times already and everytime I do so, it feels good, I have that certain feeling and aura! Not to mention, this is only Php180.00 now that's what you call fab finds. It brings good day to me. (a great deal of faith in there for a blouse, teehee)
3. My Vintage watch. This is really a vintage watch because it came from my dearest dad and he used to wear this if I am not mistaken in the early 90's 🙂 and now I inherited it. I am happy to wear this everyday because not only it is a fad nowadays but imagine I don't have to purchase for a new one! Now, that is what you call big savings. (which is by the way, another favorite of mine)
4. My Son's Passion for Drawing. It is always a kilig moment for me to see my son's drawing his favorite characters or anything under the sun. Truth be told, he already finished all the blank pages in his very own sketch pad and for me this is always a proud moment because it is always good to know what are my child's skills and passion at this early age.
5. Robinson's Grocery in Eastwood. New discovery, new happy place to visit. They just recently opened and I am more than happy to discover it because I've been waiting for so long to have a supermarket in Eastwood to make it more convenient for shoppers like us who frequent Eastwood. The grocery is a haven for mommies like me and I must say an organized place too. I also like the fact that they have (take note) Salad Bar, Shabu-Shabu Bar and Mongolian Bar in front of the supermarket. I am a happy shopper! Something to look forward every weekend.
Nikka LaoJune 5, 2013 at 11:20 am
1. I ate ala Nutella crepe then proceeded to drink the Happy Lemon (choco-rock salt and cheese). Same day I gobbled down Hershey's Kisses.
2. I handed in my letter of resignation at my current work, which felt like a huge burden has been lifted off my back. I then proceeded to have positive “feedback” from the company I've applied to which boosted my confidence.
3. While playing DotA 2, I had my highest killing streak and felt that I've improved a lot since I first started playing.
4. I made a lot of new friends online (via Steam, Linkedin, random emails)
5. Surfing at La Union (jellyfish stings or no jellyfish stings). Without any instructor pushing me, I managed to get a couple of rides on my own!
Patricia VillaramaJune 5, 2013 at 11:50 am
1. Spent the last day of my vacation reading, canvasing films, cooking and eating(tacos, which are a part of my guilty pleasures). Some of my favorite things to do.
2. Had my last hurrah for this summer last sunday. Swam in a really cold stream(1st time) and enjoyed the whole day with my family.
3. I've had the best summer of my life. I traveled to quite a lot of places the past 2 months and really enjoyed my time in each and every trip, read a lot of books, and wrote some songs.
4. This summer, I'm thankful for ebooks. I grew to like them. I used to hate them cause I really prefer actual(physical) copies of what I'm reading but since I have no money(cause it's summer), I learned to be thankful for them.
5. I found a cheap films in sulit.com.ph. My photographer friend, whom I also met online, recommended to me to buy films online which are waaaaay cheaper than the usual ones I buy. I am so happy and relieved to cut down on costs so that I can save up for a new camera.
AudiiyanJune 5, 2013 at 11:59 am
1- “Anatomy of Artists” by Anthony Apesos and Karl Stevens – I'm really fascinated by this book because of its interesting approach on teaching anatomy. It does not discuss how to draw the body (like most anatomy books) but it tells about how each part of the body is structured down to each ligament and bone, making it easier to visualize how the body should be drawn.
2- Book Sale – This shop is one of my most frequented shops because of the amazing books I find in their branches. I've been lucky enough to buy fictional, reference and tutorial books that are cheap in prices but very rich in content. Going to this shop and browsing for books had also been one of my stress relievers.
3- Four Free JYJ Posters from Tony Moly – I'm a big fan of JYJ (specially Park Yoo Chun) and so I was really, really happy when the saleslady of Tony Moly gave me four free posters (when it was supposed to be just one) and even added a mini-standee for my sister.
4- Crayola's Crayons for Fabric- I was super excited to try out this Crayons ever since I saw it from a stranger but it was out of stock on all NBS branches I usually go to. Luckily, I was finally able to buy one yesterday and got to try it out on a few old clothes. Now I can open an option of on-the-spot drawing commissions on shirts for the next convention I'll be participating on.
5- CamScanner + PicsArt Apps Combo – I had to count these two apps as one because I discovered that using them together is better for taking shots of my sketches which I want to share on my online pages without the hassle of turning my scanner. CamScanner is for “scanning” my sketches (in high resolution nonetheless) and PicsArt for adding a border and watermark.
ToneyJune 5, 2013 at 1:58 pm
1. Amazing Aloha from Jollibee. The bacon & pineapple in my mouth = feels like heaven.
2. Chef Tony's Caramel popcorn. I couldn't stop eating! 😀
3. Australia's Next Top Model Season 8!
4. New desktop computer I purchased from PC Express. That means I can exercise my creative sidelines again. 🙂
5. Loreal Men Expert Acno Striker Purifying Foam. Finally I got the best cleanser for me. 🙂
MollyJune 9, 2013 at 10:12 am
5. A cup of coffee never fails to jumpstart my day. I don't claim to be a connoisseur but a really good brew or even a simple
4. Nice things people do for you, whether or not they're a friend or a stranger. It's always awesome to see some good in the world.
3. Weekly get-together with some college friends who for some reason, never were close to me until we all found out we lived in the same neighborhood. Now we hangout in cheap places nearby, and even work out together during the weekends
2. When people I love say they love me :3
1. Morning and Nighly calls or messages from my boyfriend overseas never fail to make my day / night. We may not be together physically but the daily updates on each other's lives, no matter how mundane or inane, really matter
Jason JimenezJune 9, 2013 at 1:12 pm
Just 5? That only makes it more difficult! Gaaah. O_O
Anyhoo, my list contains:
1. My favorite Beatles t-shirt which i got from a store in Tiendesitas at a really cheap price. I could wear it with almost anything!
2. Another Beatles thing. A cartoon sketch made by my friend, Lenny, as a gift for my birthday! (By the way, it's my birthday on the 14th. I hope that elevates my chance of winning. Ha!)
3. The Mocha Banana Oatmeal smoothie from Endless Summer cafe in UP Area 2. It just tastes divine. Everyone deserves a glass of it!
4. Any Paper Kites song.
5. Channing Tatum's abs.
skysenshiJune 9, 2013 at 1:48 pm
Haha, save the others for the next month. I plan to have this contest every month eh. 🙂