5 Bits of Happiness for July 2013
As for those who are interested in participating in this contest, you can scroll down at the very bottom of this post for the rules. Anyway, my list:
Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf’s pasta selection. I love their menu and I’m glad to see their options are consistent in all their branches. I have yet to try any pasta of theirs that I did not appreciate (especially their Spinach and Cheese Ravioli). Pictured here is the Tomato and Herb Linguine, which costs about P170ish.
Kisu Tempura (P160) at Kamirori in Loyola Heights. This is located in one of those gas stations in Katipunan (across one of UP’s entrances). When I’m having chewing issues, I always switch to kisu (Japanese whiting fish) tempura instead of ebi (shrimp). This fish is flavorful and melts in your mouth.
I don’t think a lot of people are aware of it but Shakey’s has potato chips and I sometimes prefer having them over mojos. They satisfy my craving for something crunchy and I like the fact that they’re made of real potatoes. An entire basket costs about P165 but make sure that you order this for sharing because it’s filling and I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t go to Shakey’s just for the potato chips.
This is a photo of one of my favorite classes: capstone project proposal for game authoring. (In Asia Pacific College, where this particular class took place, this subject is called “Digital Media in the Social Context”. In the College of Saint Benilde, they simply call it “Capstone”.) Of all the subjects I’ve ever handled, capstone is where you will see innovative projects come to life. I love listening to students passionately explain their ideas and later implement them.
And this is a photo of my last visit to the University of the Philippines, Diliman. I’m holding quite a number of fond memories of this institution and I miss it so badly that I almost want to take a second doctorate degree just to be surrounded once again by people who are so much smarter than I am. (Thank goodness I never want to repeat the thesis part all over again so I’m not going to pursue a second doctorate.) I love how green it is (probably bare compared to UP Los Baños but it’s definitely greener than my original alma mater, UP Manila). Those trees…how can you not love such a place??
Anyway, it’s your turn again!
Previous rules apply: In the comments section below, tell me about your 5 bits of happiness and get a chance to win gift certificates from Blade/Starbucks/National Bookstore/SM. You can also score additional points by following the instructions below.
I’ve tweaked the Rafflecopter settings to be a little bit stricter this time: No comment automatically invalidates all other entries of that participant. I mean, the point of this contest is for me to read happy stuff anyway and I’m only requesting for 5. Sharing your thoughts is a must.
Here are the rules checklist:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Mara MinaJuly 1, 2013 at 8:29 am
5 Things That Make Me Happy
#1 Level Up! LIVE 2013 is finally next week! No counting of eggs before they hatch here; just pure bliss over another LIVE I've gotten to participate in. It's my third one overall and my second as an employee~ Working in Level Up! has been a dream since I was in grade school so another big event completed is an achievement for me. Hopefully no big problems during the event itself~~~
#2 I got a new phone! In exchange for services offered for a family friend's daughter's debut, my mom got me a pay-when-able Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos. I've been needing a real smartphone (sorry, Blackberry). Getting used to all the apps and 24/7 connectivity is kinda confusing, though. I mean, how does one do all of it at the same time?! :))
#3 More time for blogging! Since two of the biggest events of this year are both ending by next weekend, I'll be able to have more time for my blog. I even made up “Jumpback July” as a motivator for me to catch up with my backlogs. I mean, I'm no “HOMG TOP BLOGGER!!1!!”, I just like sharing what I can. I'll be able to make my own actual layout soon, too!
#4 This might seem a bit shallow to some but I'm wearing an Edwin Uy gown this Sunday! I admit that I don't really like dresses but there are times I want to feel really girly/ladylike and the upcoming debut is one of them. I was asked to usher the guests to their respective seats so I have a great reason to get a designer gown made! I've already fitted it last Sunday and it looks gorgeous! Not to mention that Tonett Chua's doing my makeup too! I'm just glad I'm going to look very fab, even just for a day~ XD
#5 My anniversary is next month. Time went by so fast and I can't believe it's been a year already. We're still in the shadows, though, as there still are complications to revealing our being together. Hopefully we can come out soon, but I'm already very happy the way it is now. 🙂
marge888July 1, 2013 at 10:27 am
1) to see my grand daughter if possible every week.
2) that my son get married
3). that my other married her aussie boyfriend
4). That we can live in a corrupt free Philippines
5). everybody is happy with what they have
aulieJuly 1, 2013 at 1:18 pm
5 Things That Make Me Happy
#1 Finding, buying and eating “puff corn” , a snack my dear father and I used to munch on in the 90s 😀 Was worried that they stopped making it so imagine my surprise and delight, when I saw them at the supermarket. Im keeping my fingers crossed though for pritos rings, maggie rich mami noodles and jack and jill's bacon strips to be available again 🙂
#2 melted chocolate and BBQ Vcut ( cadbury's crunchie is a strong contender for this )
#3 getting something from the mail
– Washi tapes I ordered, and box subscriptions. Bonus brownie points for postcards from friends from far off places 🙂
#4 chitchatting with friends ( from thought provoking stuff to the most mundane things )
#5 Eating with the family ( I know I know this is pretty cheesy but hey, It does make me happy so Im putting this here 🙂
animetricJuly 1, 2013 at 1:34 pm
OMG those potato chips look yummy and I'm one of those who did not know they existed! XD
skysenshiJuly 1, 2013 at 3:37 pm
Hahaha, yeah, I kinda guessed a lot of people wouldn't know because most of us immediately order mojos upon sitting down. Haha! 😀
Karina Ysabel NarioJuly 1, 2013 at 4:16 pm
1. Boss brought a pack of Regent brand “Sushi” crackers to work today, each piece was individually wrapped and had a picture of a sushi on it. Had fun trying out the 10+ different flavors!
2. Hanging out at a coffee shop with the boy, nursing big cups of tea and learning the art of doing nothing 🙂
3. Finding cheap dupes. Most recently: Casino's Eau Nettoyante Micellaire (Micellar Cleansing Water) which Ae of An Artechoke recommended is a grocery version of the popular but expensive Bioderma one. Sold!
4. The sweet scent of my China Blue lotion and powder always makes me feel better, day or night.
5. Came home today to a big set of cheap acrylic drawers/cosmetic display! Can't wait to fill it up. 🙂
IamPia JamarieJuly 1, 2013 at 8:03 pm
This one I'm sure of: I will not falter in loving breakfast everyday of my life.
Toast, Jam, Butter, Sinangag, Eggs, Cereals and more
Ohh and the smell and taste of brewed coffee with fresh milk!
2.Letters at Papemelroti
And seeing my son's name arranged and spelled/ Papemelroti products
Didn't we all grew up having Papemelroti as part of our highschool days? (Brown stationaries)
3.Mark&Spencer's Hand and Nail Cream
Given by my dearest friend Red.
I just love the lavender scent and a nice reminder to take care of my hand (as this is the first one to give away one's age if not taken care the right way)
4. Amber Potpourri Scent in an aromatherapy
Given by my Tita Sonia
Serenity.Scent.Simple JOYS as I inhale it in the comforts of my room
5. Random gift from my dad for his unico apo.
Always grateful on lolo's thoughtfulness and sweetness
thanks again on this- you inspired me since june . my heartfelt thanks on this to you.To be really grateful.
stacyJuly 2, 2013 at 4:21 am
#1 My classes I love to study and go to school and learn new things
#2 Chatting with friends and discussing things about life and understanding myself
#3 The pleasures of eating delicious dishes and snacks everyday
#4 My 7 dogs that wag their tail in excitement everytime I go home and my little lychee who always taps my laps when its time for us to go to bed
#5 Waking up every morning breathing and knowing I get another day another chance to find more happiness in life
January LauJuly 2, 2013 at 6:20 am
5 things that make me happy this month:
Debenhams and M&S End of Season Sale, i shop only twice a year and these
two shops make me super happy!
Catchin up with the maternals at Cliffhouse Tagaytay, they're my most favorite
people in the world.
My fur babies’ birthday will be on the 8th and i'm excited to celebrate it
again with a day out and eat out. happy for another healthy year for them.
Since the husband is now self-employed, we're spending more time now, more
coffee dates and more kulitan moments in the morning. I can't trade this with
And lastly, after a year of passing up from the red meat i was able to savor a Jack Daniel's favorite at Friday's.
leo garciaJuly 2, 2013 at 2:11 pm
5 things that make me happy this month
1. playing basketball with my barkadas
2. i got a new windows 8 laptop
3. my 5 years old son is starting to go to school
4. my boss increase my salary
5. eating my favorite chocolate
Christian Robert Bautista NaliJuly 3, 2013 at 3:06 pm
5 things that make me happy
1. going to church
2. seeing my friends and family happy
3. joining contests and events specially free
4. reading books and articles
5. singing songs and watching videos
magz_dcJuly 7, 2013 at 3:33 pm
My 5 things that make me happy :
1. when i wake up in the morning having a cup of coffee while kids prep for school.
2. when the pantry is full of stuff we need for the week.
3. when i get to have a time for myself to sit in one corner and observe people.
4. when my kids finishes their homework on time.
5. when i can cook delish food for inner.
IssachavezJuly 8, 2013 at 3:08 pm
1. Preparing my son for school because last year it was my mom doing it because my son goes to school in the province while I work here in Manila.
2. Candy Crush Saga – still addicted to this game, hihihi….
3. Cheetos Jalapeno – this is my favorite, i can never get tired of this!
4. Our farm at the province since it is a very relaxing place.
5. Blueberry cheesecake recipe of My Mom Friday! yum yum….
Dongski DongJuly 9, 2013 at 3:42 am
5 Things that make me Happy
1. When I see my lovely wife smile with just as simple as having a coffee with her anytime of the day. Life seems so calm and peaceful.
2. I am happy when I see my step kids appreciate the things I do for them.
3. I am happy when I prepare meals for my wife and my kids… we bond every time we spend time having meals together.
4 I am happy when I had am accident at home, broke my arm and my wife was there to take care of me.
5. I am happy that Another year added to my life when I celebrated my birthday last July1st.
Lovely Joy V. MercedJuly 9, 2013 at 10:53 am
5 things that make me happy
1. My family. Seeing them makes me happy.
2. Roadtrips. Going places, catching fresh air.
3. Samsung Galaxy S4. I love it!
4. My son's new school supplies. I get happy seeing new things. 😛
5. Bedroom light. It;s the first thing i see every morning. Makes me glad i get to wake up, another day, another blessing!
skysenshiJuly 15, 2013 at 2:01 pm
Hi Stacy! You've just won this contest. Please message me via my FB official page with the following information:
1. The GC of your choice
2. Your real name
3. Your email
4. Contact number
5. Mailing address
Thanks for participating! 🙂