Pond’s Flawless White
I got this bundle as a prize for one of those things I wrote and submitted to a magazine. So yeah, it’s a freebie. The irony of it was that I was writing about the health benefits of organic products. One look at the set’s ingredients listing is enough to tell you that it’s far from being organic.
It took me a while to actually give it a try because:
- I invest a lot of money on self-tanners. Why would I want to reverse that by using whitening products? Isn’t it a bit silly to use these things when I’d be covering myself with bronzers before I go out of the house anyway?
- Pond’s has never been good to my skin. As a teenager, their facial wash caused me to break out. In my twenties, their Pond’s Cold Cream make-up remover — compounded by the fact that I’m allergic to most make-up — irreversibly ruined the texture of my face.
Anyway, I suddenly found myself on a tight budget one day, just when I had consumed the last drop of my moisturizer. So I thought that maybe I could use this. Thought that maybe it could get rid of my moles or dark spots. Thought that maybe, this being the 21st century, Pond’s had stopped coming up with disastrous formulas.
I should’ve followed my instincts. They’re usually more sensible than my brain.
- Anti-Spot Intensive Whitening Serum
- Light Infusing Under-Eye Cream
- Visible Lightening Daily Lotion (daytime) / Re-brightening Night Treatment (night)
I felt stinging upon application. Followed by itchiness. And an entire day’s worth of scratching. Next, my eyes felt so dry I could hardly open them. As in, it actually hurt to open them! I thought that maybe I had turned into a 50-year-old overnight. Note: My mom is 55 and there are days, especially when she lets her nice, naturally wavy hair down, when she looks 28. She took pity on me and gave me a jar of her unused Clarins day cream as she has stopped using moisturizers altogether. That partially healed me.
The freebie set actually came with a 2-way foundation but the color is “Ivory White”. I can imagine looking like a glow-in-the-dark floating head if I were to use that. I mean, heck, the rest of my body has been tanned!