- Thought I was reading the bad parts of Terry Goodkind’s Sword of Truth series all over again. Just as I expected from this author, there was more talk — and very preachy at that — than action. You can actually skip a good number of the pages and you’ll still get the whole story.
- If you’re going to introduce characters with awesome powers, please make use of them. You know like…show blood and gore. It simply makes no sense to want to talk all the time when you have these action-inducing elements in your story. Can’t write action? Get someone who does and let him fill it in!
- *Spoiler Alert!* If you thought reading through pages of Edward’s description was torturous when Bella was human, wait till you read about him through the highly sensitive eyes of a new vampire.
- What the hell happened to Jacob??? He’s probably the only reason I kept reading the series but this? It’s just too much! I wish Stephanie Meyer just killed him; that’s more preferable to the kind of life she subjected him to. *muffled sobs*
- Breaking Dawn, like nearly all of the books in the Twilight series, is one big back story. If you need me to spell it out for you, it means that everything is all about character backgrounds. That’s it.
Thank goodness for Fanfiction.net and the upcoming Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. The former would probably rescue what’s left of my sanity (Twilight is, in fact, a glorified fanfic anyway), while the latter makes me look forward to how a vampire love story should unfold.